|The Saree draped like a gown...The Cinderella Drape|
There is no other piece of clothing in the world that can be worn in at least hundreds of different styles. However I do not wear sarees on a daily basis. Its not that sarees take a lot of time to drape or they are not practical. My mom has worn them all the time. In fact she drapes a saree more quickly than I can put on a dress with belt! I do not wear sarees regularly because I find them special. I like to reserve them for special occasions. I love to treat them and dress them up elaborately.
Since I always love to switch up my saree game, I decided to drape the nine yard wonder in different styles.
|The Cocktail Drape..|
So you can see that the saree need not be worn like a ‘saree’ only! You can redfine it in an endless number of ways!
|The Kaftan Drape..|
Here I am rounding up a few of my favourite saree designs that can be worn on various occasions.
1. Red is my colour. This gorgeous saree is as perfect for walking on the red carpet as well as for any glam wedding. Find it here.
2. Bringing down the bling quotient by a notch but not compromising on the elegance quotient. This green saree with a printed border is as perfect for a girl’s day out as well as for an office party. Find it here.
3. This elaborate peacock embroidery pallu is an example of exquisite craftsmanship. Find it here.
4. This one of my favourite colour combinations in an outfit: red, white and black. This saree is very contemporary yet very chic and elegant. Find it here.
5. This saree is an epitome of pure elegance. This is apt for an important office meeting or you can flaunt it at your friend’s bridal shower or a lunch date! Find it here.
Saree image credits: Kraftly.com